Friday, July 2, 2010

School, school, and more school....

For all of you avid blog followers, these last few days have been difficult because I haven't posted anything new.
Well, these last few days haven't had much to post about! We wake up every morning and go to the biblioteca a few blocks from our house and use their free internet to do homework etc. Then we return home for lunch at 1pm before leaving for school at 1:30. Lunch has been huge and fabulous. We've had paella with grilled chicken, paloma (like a potato salad) with fried chips, watermelon, and salad over the last couple of days. But then we walk 30 minutes to school. Unfortunately, I feel hungry by the time I get there because I just walked off my lunch!

Class in the afternoon has been a struggle. After working on homework all morning, the last thing you want to do is attend class. I'm the stupidest person in my grammar class. Our teacher thinks we should look up words we don't know in Spanish, right because more Spanish words I don't know will definitely clarify the confusion and relieve my constant headache.
My next class is Commercial Correspondence. We're learning about writing business letters in Spanish. First of all, I hope I will never have to write these because there's a good possibility that I would highly offend someone and not realize it just by the way I word things. Secondly, our teacher always says..."Correspondencia con"... which is the phrase they use on the metro to tell you what trains are available at a certain stop. After 4 weeks of owning the metro, me and Courtney always look at each other in that class and say "Correspondencia con, Linea 5" just out of habit.

So up til now, I have yet to see much of Salamanca, thanks to Samford for all the homework, afternoon classes, and the lovely PPAC committee that demanded I complete my entire/ future-determining med school applications in only 24 hours. Gracias a todos.

Dinners have been great. We've had tortilla, salad, noodle soup, vegetable and beef stew, and homemade and cream filled empanadas (amazing!) in the last few days.

Today we're making an effort to see more and eat lunch out in the Plaza. Pray for us that we'll find opportunities to meet new friends and experience Salamanca to the fullest!

1 comment:

  1. Embug! I'm so sorry that school has been a trip recently. Yeah, looking words up in Spanish would probably just make me more frustrated. Ha. You're gonna be an expert when you get back, though. Dang, girl. And I simply refuse to believe that you're the stupidest person in your class. INconceivable! (princess bride? did ya get it? eh? eh?)

    I'm glad that at least the food is good. I love you and hope you have some fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete