Sunday, July 4, 2010

Re, Re, Recap...

So, Here's my last week in a nutshell:

6-29-2010: tuesday

Today was the first day of school. I have grammar with Patricia, a tiny squeaky little profesora that spent the last semester at Samford. My next class is commercial correspondence with Alicia. She is so proper and wears purple everyday. She pronounces words so precisely that she could be an announcer or radio personality. Later on in the afternoon, I went shopping at “Sigueme” around the corner from the school and bought a pink dress, a blue dress with ruffles (a step out of the comfort zone para mi), and a short black dress to wear with leggings. Around 7:30 we sat down at the restaurant in the Plaza Mayor for dinner of a sandwich mixto con huevo. Delicious. We stayed there for the partido of Spain vs. Portugal at 8:30 which ended around 10:30. It was neat to just go and hang out where the Spaniards go and stay so long they illuminate the gorgeous plaza. We celebrated a little on the way home and crashed later. Tonight was also the night I read the email that said “Just a reminder everything is due tomorrow. –Regina McGinty”. AKA, you have to turn in all med school applications in the next 24 hours. I made a quick international phone call to mom because I was freaking out and just went to bed exhausted, probably penniless from the calling rates, and really distraught.

6-30-2010: Wed.

Day from you know where. We awoke early to go to the biblioteca and there I skyped mom in a whispered tone to work for about 3 hours on my med school apps. At one we ate a fabulous lunch of paella rice and veggies with grilled chicken and watermelon. It made the day more tolerable. We went to school at 2pm and all I could think of was that I needed to work on these apps. I shed a couple of tears in commercial correspondence and moved on. I think all my classmates were pretty worried about my sanity because they kept asking how I was the next day. That night we spent tons of time in the café before and after dinner, skyping mom and dad and completing AMCAS. What a nightmare. Med school apps in one day. Mostly the stress of figuring out where I wanted to apply in only one day. Thank God for amazing and patient parents who can really help in important decision making.


7-1-2010: Thurs.

Rose early again to go to the biblioteca because in the madness of med school apps I hadn’t done any journals for the samford portion of my grade. With great mercy, Dr. Allgood extended my due date until Friday afternoon instead of today. So, I got 2 journals done this morning and just had Avila research and one more journal to go.

School was as usual and then the whole group went for ice cream at Novelty. It started to rain so we snuck into the dryness of some stores to enjoy the rebajas. We went to a new café called something “el arte” for some wifi and Courtney tried to download the cheesy movie “from Justin to Kelly”, but it was taking hours so we left. We returned home for dinner and laid on Courtney's bed for a few hours just watching really old TV series that she had downloaded a long time ago. It was a restful night.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday deserve separate posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment