Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kookoo kachoo

This morning we met at the school at 10:30 to go the the Casa Lis. This is a modern art noveau and art deco museum. Yeah, those terms mean nothing to me either. But, I can tell you what was there: lots of ugly dolls from the 19th century, some fans, and a temporal exhibition of Picasso. The best part of the trip was the actual building. It’s windows and roof are stained glass and it’s located down by the river. The roof stained glass actually depicts the constellations over the house and is so beautiful. I’ve decided I want a stained glass roof in my next house.

Then, with the nightmare of mystery meat bocadillos awaiting us at the school, me and Courtney opted instead to get tapas by the Cathedral. I have never eaten in a more beautiful setting. The cathedral was to my right, a beautiful old street to the left, and Courtney across from me. We had some gazpacho, tortilla and salad.

Later in the afternoon I had my oral exam and Dr. Jensen said it went fine. One exam down, two to go.

Class was as usual and we reviewed for our exams tomorrow. They expect a lot out of us this time around because we’ve been here so long. After class we visited our favorite stores one more time, Sigueme for me and H&M for Coco. We both have a slight addiction, so much so that I was wearing a dress I bought at Sigueme when I went to buy another and I owned the one the cashier lady had on. That’s when you know you’re in trouble. Not to worry dad, me and your credit card only have 1 more day in Spain without you!

Tonight calls for some heavy duty packing and studying. We’ve also got to follow Nemo through the rest of the “Gran Azul.” See ya soon padres! I can’t wait!

1 comment:

  1. I love H&M. So much. I would probably love your store too, em. Your description of an art museum sounds like exactly what I would say about half of the museums we went to last Spring. So funny! The buildings are pretty, but sometimes the art, well, I guess I'm just not as sophisticated as I should be! I can't wait to see you. So soon!

    ReplyDelete