Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hace calor o hace calor??

This morning we started off with a little time in the library and then headed to the pool around 11:30am. We got to get a little exercise in the pool and some relaxing time in the sun. I hoped lunch at home would be paella rice with vegetables and guess what?? It was!! We also had a hamburger on the side. An interesting combination. Our padres’ grand-daughter Noelia came over today and she was precious. She’s only 6 and really obsessed with hello kitty. (I think it should be hola gatito, but that’s just me). She ate with us and went to the pool with them later. She counted to 10 in English for us and I’ve never seen anything cuter.

Recently on the way to school, there have been 2 guys working on the apartment building next door. They really like to blast American music like Shania Twain's "Man, I feel like a woman." Of course we sing along! So, needless to say, we've made some new friends that always make sure they scream hello to us over the music. The other day they asked us, "Hace calor o hace calor?" Meaning, is it hot or is it hot?? Well, from our options I would have to say..."Hace calor!"

In school today we reviewed for our midterms tomorrow. I know how to put an add in the paper for a zookeeper now, just in case that could ever possibly come in handy. You know, learn vocab for the train station, airport, and then move on to more important things like how to contract someone to clean the monkey cages for you.

Despues, we switched it up. Instead of ice cream we went to a chocolateria. They forgot to bring me what I ordered so I just got a sampler package of cute pastries on the way home. They shouldn’t have been so cheap because now we’ve started something deliciously dangerous.

Dinner tonight was gazpacho and tortilla. It was soooo good. And today we had the most typical Spanish food you could eat (besides the random hamburger of course). Our Swiss housemate's mom (yep, we have another Swiss housemate) called her tonight and me and Courtney got really sad we couldn't talk to our moms. No worries, our madre espanola got up at dinner and kissed us on the cheek so we could feel loved too. I love little Carmen!

Now we're at McDonald's (don't judge, it's the only place with free wifi where we can actually breathe) studying for our midterms tomorrow. Please pray for us!

Here's the castle we'll be staying in tomorrow night!

2 comments:

  1. Ok. Your post made me laugh out loud multiple times. And I'm so so excited about the castle. That looks amazing. SWEET.
    I'll pray for your midterms! I hope they go wonderfully! And then it'll be the weekend! Can't wait! I'm headed to Niagara falls. I'll bring back solid similes! and you'd better, too, young lady! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I was hoping you would make it to see Niagra falls! Take tons of pics and get a little wet for me!

    ReplyDelete